A new healing docs kit
Technically speaking, it's a static-site generator slightly focused on building documetation.
Current version: v0.2a, 2014 Apr 29
Easiest way to install is via pip:
$ pip install docta
Setup a new project:
$ mkdir docs $ cd docs $ docta init
That's it! Project is ready for building!
$ docta build $ docta serve --watch
serve commands you should see something like:
Serving directory: /home/user/docs/_html Running at http://127.0.0.1:8000 23 April 2014 - 02:14:36
Thats it! You may edit or create .md files, starting from index.md with your favorite text editor.
Docta is a lightweight tool built on top of modern and proven technologies.
- Powered by Markdown with flavours
- Plays really well with GitHub Pages
- Nice readable config format, well it's YAML
- Configurable navigation with icons option
- Basic theme powered by Bootstrap
- Clean and expressive HTML-based Jinja templates
- Smart preview server with auto-rebuild
Our goal is to keep it simple, focused and provide really smooth user experience.
Docta is distributed for free and its source code is licensed under the BSD 3-Clause License.